Blog-A-Thon Launch


Producer, Director, and Host Tom Pearson on the set of " A Thin Pink Line"

Okay maybe there's no Blog-A-Thon happening...I made the term up, but I'll bet at least a few people's eyebrows raised at that one while briefly contemplating that it might be real and possibly the next, next big thing! Ha! At any rate I've got your attention and that's good...I think! So welcome to TPE's official blog launch anyway!


I've been around

"the biz" quite some time in a number of capacities both before and after film school... in every conceivable fashion almost, from Actor to Performer to Director, Producer, Associate Producer, TV and Radio Host to Feature Films including Miracle Dogs with Kate Jackson, Hansel & Gretel with Howie Mandel and Taylor Mummsen, and SuperCross the Movie with Lorenzo Lamas,  TV and have done live theatre and stand-up comedy and even Camera
You can do anything, but keep off of these blue suede shoes..copper!
Operator / assist and P.A. in my days on W.T.N.'s then top rated Decorators Challenge and while a single dad full time to boot..So yea! I've got stories ..and obviously I'm a good juggler ha ..well that's debatable..but I'm pretty good with voices and wacky characters though and I've had to play a number of ridiculous roles over the years. I was playing Ornery Scotty Mctavish,  long before Austin Powers made it fashionable! Ah'll Tell Youuuu! My latest character is Thompson Williams a bumbling British reporter from the BBBBC whom is currently Stuck in Canada!

 TP portrays...The Grinch..... makes Santa look boring in comparison!
Some years back, I remember having to bring my son and daughter into rehearsals and to shows when I was (original) producing ( writing and feature performing!) the Canadian Improv Showcase, a live improv show which I co created and took to TV before walking away in disgust...having hooked up with an idiot out to appease his ego and hog the spotlight....well ok it was only cable but I would have taken it further with the right creative partner. I did get a mobile production truck to come to the theatre to tape it and had a live audience who paid to boot! Ha! Now that's creative producing my friends and I was in film school at the time!....I've done gigs from standup comedy to plays to tv and film to playing  "Gripes" - an exaggerated version of hockey's Don Cherry I do - to (some may recognize me as)  Elvis from the "Best of Speakers Corner" which they used to play often.....and before any of that I wrote, produced and hosted "Out & About" for Shaw and Rogers cable for 5 years while writing 2 columns for CoverStory Newspaper..and of course before my "single-dad-hood" took a reality foothold, TV Show's like Forever Knight, Top Cops or Secret Service among some.

Hip Hoppers Kryhme Syndicate performs for TP 2010 at Fairy Lake Park.
Of course this was all going on prior to me getting full custody of my kids some years back! Ha...I mean how many bands could I review and restaurants for my "At The Clubs" and "Local Flavour" columns with kids in tow.?! Truth is I did bring them on occasion to restaurants I was reviewing and I'd write about portion sizes and whether they had high chairs or deals for kids or not!



Thank-you Very Much!
One night while popping in to cover a band at The Rockin' Deli, a (former) local watering hole, I was jumped at the end of the night outside by 4 guys all within eye-shot of the doorman who of course never left his safe perch inside the front doors. At any rate, as these drunken jack asses attacked I found myself on the ground with one guy wrapped around me but luckily they were so drunk everytime they went to kick me I'd roll their friend in the way.Ha.One advantage to being in a bar and not drinking I guess! My theory later was they didn't like my (now ruined) leather pants...after all we were not in the city here! Ha! Ya-a-hoo! I wasn't as nice about it in my column at the time..it did make me think and for a while though, after I spent more time reviewing kids menus than Rod Stewart cover bands, like who had been playing that night.

TPE Productions introduces new talent to the public - here in 2010 featuring the unique "Awake at 4 AM"
At any rate I still have wild tales to relay, and come across entertaining past and present morsels constantly, and look forward to sharing some original outside the box stuff with y'all! So fasten you're frickin' seat-belts and get ready for different..I've been setting and predicting trends my whole freakin' life my friends so tune in here to keep up with what's happening.

Recent TP Acoustical Open Stage
Follow TP and what you'll also get here are a lot of seasoned, as well as raw ideas and talent and some crudely-edited-at-times productions that show potential to be developed..including my own invention.."Commotions" part comedy..part promotion! - I've included links to TP's You Tube examples - and we're not beyond developing or managing talent at TP either so I encourage you to post where possible in TP talent areas and submit ideas or clips for sharing!...Stay tuned for more!

As a remembrance day release I think it fitting to post this link to a radio show TP produced with Tom Pearson hosting this tribute to the troops which aired live to Afghanistan!

Later!
TP

TP flew Carole Pope in from L.A. to promote the world's 1st Same Sex Wedding Show in Toronto. Pope mockingly "blessed" the wedding certificate of Toronto's first legally married couple... produced by TP E Productions

TP covered George Olliver at the Inaugural "Stones" Fri's at Graystones Nightclub in Oct 2011

TP as "Gripes"....Gripes'll bring your hubby a 24 of beer..rant..and talk hockey with your special person..for a fee!ha